August 29, 2014
Possible Outflow of Registration Information
on Satake Grain Scanner Software Download Site
Satake Corporation requested that users register at the “Grain Scanner (RSQI10A) Software Download Site https://service.satake-inet.com/” where users can download software and technical documents.
Unfortunately, there was a computer glitch that may have allowed a registered user to view the information entered by other users. This incident occurred during a limited time period and we are yet to report any misuse and abuse of the information. Please see below the detailed info that may have been exposed and our counter measures.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and anxiety that may have caused by this incident.
- 1. History
- On August 25, 2014, it was ascertained that a customer could see the registration info entered by other customers while editing his/her info online, due to a software glitch. Satake Corporation immediately halted access to the system, investigated the cause and fixed the system. As of August 26, 2014, the upgrade was successfully completed.
- 2. Period of System Malfunction
- Mar 2013-Aug 25, 2014
- 3. Registration Info that may have been Exposed
- User Name, Country, E-mail Address, License Key Number and Password.
- 4. Further Response
- The “Grain Scanner Software Download Site” access is currently suspended and scheduled to reopen on September 1, 2014. Satake Corporation will issue new passwords to all registrants for future access to the site.
- 5. Recurrence Prevention
- Satake Corporation has placed strict controls on client and personal info. We regard this incident with utmost seriousness and have taken all necessary precautions to prevent any such incident from happening again.
We thank you for your understanding and trust your concerns have been properly addressed.
* Please note descriptions in news releases are accurate as of the date of release and may differ from the most up-to-date information.
∧ Page Top