Riichi Satake, the first President, invents and initiates the production and sales of Japan's first power driven rice milling machine.
- Satake develops an ultra-hard abrasive roll to mill a special variety of rice for brewing sake.
- Satake successfully produces high-speed milling machines using abrasive rolls.
- The second President, Toshihiko Satake, publishes "The Theory of Rice Milling." This work is the basis from which the rice processing technology of today has evolved.
- Riichi Satake is awarded the Blue Ribbon Medal for his inventions which contributed to improving rice milling. This is the first such award to anyone in the agricultural processing sector.
- Toshihiko Satake is awarded the Blue Ribbon Medal for his achievements in inventing rice milling machines.
The Pearlmaster Rice Milling Machine is invented. Practically 100% of the mills in Japan adopted this machine. The Pearlmaster is the first rice milling machine to be exported from post war Japan.
The Company develops the One-pass Rice Milling Machine for use by farmers.
- The Company receives the agricultural equipment sector's first Good Design Award "G mark" from the Ministry of International Trade and Industry of Japan.
- Riichi Satake is honored with the Fourth Order of Merit for his achievements in promoting the advancement of science and technology.
The Satake Compass Rice Milling System enables the Japanese government to implement its plans for centralized large-scale rice milling facilities. As a result of the government's endorsement, the Satake Compass became the rice milling system for the majority of rice mills in Japan.
The Satake Compass Rice Milling System is supplied to all 30 of the plants designated by the Ministry of Agriculture of Japan as model rice milling facilities.
The first three country elevators in Japan are designed and built by Satake. These became model plants for the agriculture sector.
- The Company introduces the direct motor driven One-pass Rice Milling Machine for small farmers.
The Company develops the Tempering Dryer that dries rice up to ten times faster than previous dryers.
Tohoku Satake Co., Ltd. is established in northern Japan.
- The Company promulgates its motto.
The Company launches the small-scale rice grading machine for farm use.
The Rice Master, the first husker with an oscillating paddy separator, ushers in a new era for husking.
Satake USA Inc. is established in Houston.
- Toshihiko Satake is honored with the Third Order of Merit for his achievements in promoting the advancement of science and technology.
- The Satake Technical Foundation is established.
The Company develops the world's first rice taste analysis instrument, the Taste Analyzer.
- Toshihiko Satake is awarded a Doctorate of Agriculture from the University of Tokyo.
- Toshihiko Satake is appointed the first Chairman of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Higashi-Hiroshima.
- The Company unveils the world's first high starting torque with low stating current, three-phase, alternating current motor.
The third President, Robert S. Satake, receives a commendation award from the Minister of State of Science and Technology Agency of Japan.
- Satake UK Ltd.established through the acquisition of Robinson/Simon to secure a foothold in the isEU market for flour milling equipment.
- Toshihiko Satake is awarded an Honorary Doctorate of Agriculture from Tokyo University of Agriculture.
- The Company begins the sponsorship of the Satake Japan Classic GolfTournament, an event of the Ladies Professional Golf Association of Japan.
- The Satake Centre for Grain Process Engineering is established in Manchester.
- Their Imperial Highnesses Prince and Princess Hitachi honor Satake by their visit to the Hiroshima Head Office.
Magic Rice, a consumer's quick cooking rice, is introduced into the market.
- Toshihiko Satake is awarded an Honorary Doctorate from Hiroshima University.
- Robert S. Satake is awarded an Honorary Doctorate of Engineering from the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (UMIST) in the U.K.
- The Company contributes a fund of one billion yen to establish the Supporters' Association of Hiroshima University.
- Her Imperial Highness Princess Mikasa honors Satake by her visit to the Hiroshima Head Office.
The Centennial History of the Satake Corporation is published.
- The Magic Rice Plant is completed.
- The Corporate Song of Satake with words by Ms. Keiko Inokuchi and music by Mr. Kazunori Maruyama is established.
Robert S. Satake is appointed the Chairman of Japan Food Machinery Manufacturers' Association.
- The Company Funeral Services are held for the late Honorary Chairman Toshihiko Satake.
- Satake Manufacturing (Suzhou) Co., Ltd. begins operations in China.
- Robert S. Satake is appointed the Chairman of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Higashi-Hiroshima.
A delegation from the Japan Business Federation (Keidanren) visits the Hiroshima Head Office.
- Robert S. Satake is appointed the Honorary Vice Chairman of the Chinese Cereals and Oils Association (CCOA).
- Satake America Latina Ltda. is established in Porto Alegre, Brazil.
Robert S. Satake receives a Doctorate of Engineering from the University of Tokyo.
- The Company introduces rinse free rice production system "New Tasty White Process. "
- The Company receives an excellent company award in the food industry from the Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries of Japan.
- Robert S. Satake is honored with the Order of the Rising Sun, Gold and Silver Rays for his achievements in promoting the advancement of science and technology.
- The Funeral Services are held for the late Robert S. Satake.
- The Company receives the Invention Merits Prize for the invention of the Magic Dryer.
- The fourth President, Toshiko Satake, is awarded an Honorary Doctorate from Hiroshima University.
- Toshiko Satake is appointed the Chairperson of the Hiroshima University Foundation.
- The Japanese name of the Company is changed to Satake Corporation.
- Toshiko Satake is appointed Director of the Japan Institute of Invention and Innovation.
The Association of Satake OB (retired employees) is established.
- Toshiko Satake receives the Distinguished Fellow Award from Louisiana State University.
- The late Robert S. Satake receives the Mori Engineering Award from the Japanese Society of Agricultural Machinery.
- The Company announces the completion of small-scale pre-washed rice and rinse free rice producing systems.
- Toshiko Satake receives the Chugoku Cultural Award from the Chugoku Shimbun.
The Company contributes to establish the Satake Memorial Hall.
- The Company is awarded the Golden Order of Merit from the Japanese Red Cross Society.
Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi visits the Hiroshima Head Office.
- The expansion of Satake Manufacturing (Suzhou) Co., Ltd. in China is completed.
- A delegation of the Speaker of the Parliament House of India visits the Hiroshima Head Office.
Toshiko Satake receives a Doctorate of Agriculture from Kyoto University.
- The Company contributes to establish the Toshihiko Satake Memorial Palm Museum.
- A delegation from the Japan Business Federation (Keidanren) visits the Hiroshima Head Office.
- The Company signs an umbrella agreement with Hiroshima University.
- The Crystal Laboratory is completed.
New Showroom is Opened in Tohoku Satake Co., Ltd.
- Satake Awarded Best Technology Award from Japan Society of Polymer Processing.
- Satake Obtains ISO/IEC17025 Certification
Establishment of Satake International Bangkok Co., Ltd. (Currently Satake Asia Co., Ltd.)
Satake receives the Nikkei Child Support Award
- Sorting and Processing Integrated Center opens for business
- Satake receives Merit of Development in Agricultural Technology for developing the Optical Sorter from the Agricultural Society of Japan
- Toshiko Satake receives the Distinguished Service Award for Encouragement in Invention from Japan Institute of Invention and Innovation
- Satake receives the Engineering Technology Award for developing the Synthetic Rice Taste Evaluation System from Japan Society for Food Engineering
Satake Europe Limited is established in Manchester, England
- Toshiko Satake is awarded the Blue Ribbon Medal of Honor
- Satake receives the “Award for Nurture of Children and Youth and Child Support” from the Cabinet Office
Satake Food Business Division awarded ISO22000 certification
- RAKUMESHI cooked and packed rice is awarded the “New Technology and Food Development Award” from the Japan Food Journal Co., Ltd.
- Omusubino-GABA, a Handmade Rice-Ball Shop, opens
- In Korea, Satake forms a comprehensive partnership with DAEWON GSI Co., Ltd
- Satake hosts a Sake Brewing Machinery Exhibition at its Hiroshima Headquarters
- The company receives the "Economy, Trade and Industry Minister's Award for Intellectual Property Merit" from Patent Agency.
- "Omusubino-GABA in Akihabara," a handmade rice ball shop opens.
- "Omusubino-GABA in SOGO Hiroshima," a handmade rice ball shop opens.
- "Omusubino-GABA in Honolulu, Hawaii," a handmade rice ball shop opens.
- Introduces new product brand SAXES series
- Launches new product brand REACH, semi-assembled rice processing plant
Develops concept rice milling plant, MILSTA
- Appoints Kazuhisa Matsumoto as company president